About Platypus Park Country Retreat
Family guests had all the fun you could imagine, the beaches are only minutes away and Sofie the Kelpie cross loves visitors. Book Now! The smiles from your onsite hosts are free! Play Seaside – Stay Countryside at Platypus Park Country Retreat.
Platypus Park Country Retreat is Boutique B&B Accommodation – in Bridport, North East Tasmania, and has been developed over 20 years, by a 5th generation Tasmanian family, on a 40 acre (17 hectare) rural property. Near some of Tasmania’s pristine beaches, and just five minutes drive from Barnbougle Dunes Golf Course, in North East Tasmania, this is one of Tasmania’s beautiful self catering, B&B accommodations in a natural, peaceful location.
- It is a small country boutique accommodation complex, on the edge of Bridport, a quiet coastal town in North East Tasmania.
- It’s a place you go to stay if you would like somewhere quiet, a romantic weekend, relaxing and not crowded.
- It’s a place where you fish for trout in the farm dams.
- It is a place where there is time to unwind, go for a walk around the property, explore the Brid river’s edge, watch the cattle grazing,go trout fishing or even see a platypus in the wild. You may even spot the resident Sea Eagle.
- It’s a place where you can admire the gorgeous sunsets, sip a local wine on the verandah, enjoy a liesurely breakfast in the gazebo, or relax in the outdoor heated spa, in summer, and never be far from a beach.
- It’s a place many choose to stay when playing golf at Barnbougle Dunes, or needing some US time or ME time, or to catch up with friends for a weekend.
- It’s just the perfect place to spend a few days for any reason really, the hosts are very helpful and friendly too.
- It’s a base to explore the North East of Tasmania.
Located in a quiet country setting on the Brid River, just minutes from the town centre, you will find we can match an accommodation unit to the needs of everyone. We specialise in small group gatherings.
- Golfing groups,
- Mountain bikers
- All those needing a quiet place to stay in Bridport.
Ask about our self contained accommodation for couples, two bedroom, two bathroom cottage, perfect for two couples traveling together. Just minutes from the shops, cafes and pristine beaches of Bridport, Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm golf courses. Would you like to see the platypus at play in the dam? Come on then, I’ll take you and show you the cute little creature.
Changes have been made to suit the needs of customers during the past 20 years. It is not a large commercial complex but the best in boutique B&B accommodation, situated on a small farming property, on the Brid River, you are invited to come and share the experience.
- Ensuite Rooms from $110 for two people
- Self contained holiday units from $140 – $185 for two people
- Ideal Accommodation for Barnbougle and Lost Farm Golf Course Players
- Great location for those who want to test the Hollybank and Blue Derby Mountain Bike Trails
Families love the space of our fully self contained two bedroom units, with full kitchen facilities with laundry nearby, and the new games room keeps the children occupied. Some of our self contained accommodation have spa baths and private laundry facilities. Golfers find the five bedroom accommodation in Wattle Cottage and studio just right. We can also provide continental or full breakfast hampers to the accommodation for your convenience, for you to prepare in your unit.
In the country but near the beaches….the best of both worlds.